Arkansas Nurses Foundation Scholarship Policies
To be eligible for the scholarship the applicant must hold an Arkansas nursing license in good standing and be a resident of Arkansas at the time of application.
The complete application packet must include (incomplete applications will be returned without review):
- Completed official application form. (see below)
- Cover letter stating desire for the scholarship and intended use of funds (including a statement regarding other financial assistance, i.e., organizational scholarships, stipends, etc.)
- Statement regarding institutional financial assistance toward the planned degree (tuition waivers or reductions)
- Current resume (one page including education, work experience, achievements, and honors, if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation (with one being from current supervisor or faculty) including information concerning leadership and academic ability of the applicant.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcript(s) from all nursing programs attended (in sealed envelope w/Registrar's signature or stamp on flap).
- Letter of acceptance into degree program accredited by NLNAC or CCNE
- Extracurricular activities (achievements, organization memberships, volunteer work)
The ArNF Scholarship application must be postmarked by June 1st of the application year.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that supporting documents are postmarked by the deadline.
Funds from the scholarship will be applied toward a nursing degree in any NLNAC or CCNE accredited nursing (except doctoral programs) and will be sent to the institution where the nursing program is offered.
Current Arkansas Nurses Association Officers and ArNF Board of Trustees are ineligible to apply. The Arkansas Nurses Foundation reserves the right to make no award in any given year.
The ArNF Scholarship and Grant Committee will review and select the recipient(s). The final decision on the recipients will be based upon the completed application packet as outlined above. The ArNF Board of Trustees will determine the scholarship amount, and the scholarship will be awarded at the Arkansas Nurses Association (ArNA) Annual Meeting.
The Chairperson of the ArNF Board of Trustees will notify the Arkansas Community Foundation (organization that holds the ARNF account) of the names, institutions, and scholarship/grant amounts as soon as the final decisions are completed by the Scholarship/Grant Committee and the ARNF Board.
The recipients will be invited and encouraged to attend/appear at the meeting to receive the scholarship/grant award.
Scholarship Criteria and Scoring Form (see below)
If applying for one of the scholarships below please write name of scholarship on your Scholarship form.
Dorothea Fund Scholarship: Must be a registered nurse, give a statement of commitment to community health nursing, seeking a degree into result in an advanced practice nurse, and demonstrates a need.
Mary Gray Scholarship: Must be a registered nurse, seeking an advanced degree in nursing, interested and/or involvement in advanced practice nursing (Advance Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Certified Nurse Midwife, and Certified Nurse Anesthetist.
If applying for one of the scholarships below please write name of scholarship pn your Scholarship form.
All inquiries and submissions should be directed to
ARKANSAS NURSING FOUNDATION
c/o Arkansas Nurses Association
1123 South University, Suite 1015
Little Rock, AR 72204