Arkansas Nurses Foundation Research Grant Policy
To be eligible for the research grant, the applicant must (incomplete applications will be returned without review):
- Hold an Arkansas Nursing license in good standing with the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (LPN, RN, APN)
- Graduated from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program (applies only to applicants who have completed a Baccalaureate in Nursing or Masters in Nursing)
The complete application packet must include:
- Completed official application form from the Arkansas Nurses Foundation (ARNF) (see below)
- One paragraph statement as how you perceive that your research will be used by nurses in Arkansas.
- Cover letter stating short and long term career goals and how the research grant being sought will enhance these goals
- Statement regarding other financial assistance (i.e., grants, organizational funding, stipends, etc.) received by applicant
- Statement of approval from an Institutional Review Board (IRB, or equivalent body) governing ethical treatment of subjects in a research study
- Current resume (one page including achievements education and work experience)
The ARNF Grant application must be postmarked by 15 June of the application year. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that supporting documents are postmarked by the deadline.
Funds from the scholarship will be applied toward a research project approved by an IRB in any regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Current Arkansas Nurses Association Officers and Board of Trustees are ineligible to apply. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to make no award in any given year.
The ArNF Scholarship and Grant Committee will review and select the recipient(s). The final decision on the recipients will be based upon the completed application packet as outlined above. The ARNF Board of Trustees will determine the scholarship amount, and the scholarship will be awarded at the Arkansas Nurses Association (ARNA) Annual Meeting.
Grant Scoring form (see below)
The Chairperson of the ARNF Board of Trustees will notify the Arkansas Community Foundation (organization that holds the ARNF account) of the names, institutions, and scholarship/grant amounts as soon as the final decisions are completed by the Scholarship/Grant Committee and the ARNF Board.
The recipients will be invited and encouraged to attend/appear at the meeting to receive the scholarship/grant award.
All inquiries and submissions should be directed to
ARKANSAS NURSING FOUNDATION
c/o Arkansas Nurses Association
1123 South University, Suite 1015
Little Rock, AR 72204